1. Decentralization of organization refers to _.
a. nominating new supervisors
b. looking at all positions, and possibly redelegating authority
c. firing all employees and hiring new ones
d. eliminating some departments
2. Which of the following would not be considered a natural event?
3. A worker notices that a necessary piece of equipment is defective. The current job needs to be finished as soon as possible. The worker should _.
a. consult with the other employees and reach a consensus agreement on what to do
b. continue to the job but be cautious when using the defective equipment
c. report the defect but hold off completing the job until the equipment is repaired or replaced
d. stop all work and wait for the boss to come by the job site and make a decision
4. The essence of control is _.
a. written records
5. The most important function of record-keeping is _.
a. they record how much money was budgeted and how much we spent
b. they record the past and provide a second basis on which to plan the future
c. they record what was done and when it was done
d. they record where we’ve been and how we got where we are today