POSITION: WATER / WASTEWATER ENGINEER
LOCATION: INDIANAPOLIS, IN
Commonwealth Engineers is seeking an experienced professional with at least 5-10 years of experience in the design of water/wastewater treatment and/or storm water facilities. Experience should encompass all phases of design including conceptual/feasibility evaluations, preparation of design reports, development of contract documents, bidding assistance, and support of construction engineering services. The applicant must be highly adaptable, willing to work in a performance and deadline driven environment, and be able to apply innovative, creative, and cost-effective solutions to complex engineering problems. This is an excellent career opportunity for a hardworking, multi-talented individual. They will assume responsibility for office production of engineering design documents and be responsible for the following:
- Support project manager and supervise junior staff.
- Prepare master planning and preliminary engineering reports.
- Prepare engineering design calculations of treatment facilities, plant hydraulics, piping, and pumping systems.
- Prepare and review CAD work, drawings, detailed technical specifications, cost estimates, and permit applications.
- Provide bidding assistance and construction engineering services.
- Interact with clients and regulatory agencies.
- Any other related task not mentioned herein but critical to the successful outcome of the project/team.
- B.S. in Civil Engineering or Similar Discipline (M.S. is preferred and equivalent to 1-year of experience).
- Registered as a Professional Engineer in the State of Indiana (or ability to obtain reciprocity).
- EPA and/or state regulatory experience is a plus.
- Strong proficiency in AutoCAD is a plus.
- Microsoft Suite (Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Other desired attributes:
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and in team environments
- Strong work ethics.
- Strong organization, problem solving, and analytical skills.
- Ability to prioritize.
- Applicant must possess a valid driver’s license and a driving record acceptable to corporate insurer.
COMPENSATION / BENEFITS PACKAGE:
- Commensurate with expertise/ability.
- Competitive benefit package including, but not limited to Medical Dental Insurance; 401k Plan (Company Match & Profit Share); Paid time off & Holidays; Life/LTD/AD&D Coverage.
- All qualified applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and salary/compensation requirements.
If you are interested in this position, please contact Bryan Brazil (see info below).