1. The most important reason for chlorinating effluent samples is _.
a. Decreasing BOD levels and controlling odors
b. Improving scum and grease removal and chemical coagulation
d. Decreasing SS levels
2. The chlorine residual may be determined using the reagent _.
d. Sodium thiosulfate
3. When collecting samples for bacteriological examination, Sodium thiosulfate (Na2S2O3) is used to _.
a. Buffer the pH to 7.0
b. Buffer the pH to 8.5
c. Oxidize the residual chlorine
d. Reduce the residual chlorine
4. When reporting bacteria results in wastewater, they are reported as _.
a. MPN or CFU/ml
b. MPN or CFU/gram
c. MPN or CFU/mgd
d. MPN or CFU/100 ml
5. What is the desired number of total coliform colonies on a membrane filtration plate when determining bacteria populations?
a. 1 to 40
b. 6 to 75
c. 20 to 80
d. 20 to 100
Thanks Barb question #5 was beneficial
Thank you for contacting Wastewater 101. We are located in Indiana, however I was able to find a useful link for you to follow. This link is for the Florida State exam Handbook that has information you need to know including how many hours (as well as what kind of courses) you need for each level. Follow this link: https://floridadep.gov/water/certification-restoration/documents/certification-handbook
Hope it helps.
Barb Smith, Owner
Wastewater 101, LLC