Below is an e-mail sent out by Mark Stanifer, Chief of Compliance, IDEM. If you are interested in viewing the list mentioned please feel free to contact us.
As you probably know by now, EPA published the final e-Reporting rule in October, and it becomes effective December 21. This means that under the federal rule, NPDES (and IWP) permit holders will be required to begin submitting their DMRs (and MROs/MMRs) electronically by no later than December 2016. Other compliance reports such as biomonitoring and bypass/overflow reports will also have to be submitted electronically at some later date (at least an additional year, maybe longer).
Currently we have 52% of our NPDES and IWP permit holders submitting their DMRs using NetDMR. This is really good progress, but it also means there is a lot of work to be done to register the remaining 48% in the next 13 months. I am asking that as all of you encounter persons responsible for submitting DMRs in the coming months, please ask them if they are using NetDMR, and if not, ask them to get started on the registration process. There are many people willing and able to assist them with this process both inside and outside of IDEM. My biggest concern now is that a number of permit holders will wait until the last minute and will overwhelm our compliance staff, which will mean they may not be able to receive the one-on-one assistance that they need to complete the process as the deadline approaches. Any help that organizations outside IDEM can provide is much appreciated.
Attached is a list that was recently retrieved from the federal ICIS database showing the NPDES permits and responsible persons who are not yet registered in NetDMR. There are of course some permittees who have a person registered but are not yet submitting their DMRs using NetDMR, but our focus now is in registering those who have not yet done so. No doubt this list is not perfect, but it is pretty close, and may be useful to you in knowing who to contact to offer assistance in enrolling in NetDMR.
Thanks to all for your continued assistance.
Mark Stanifer, Chief
IDEM Office of Water Quality