1. Bar racks and bar screens have clear spacing respectively of _.
a. 0.25 to 2.0 inches and 2.0 and 4.0 inches
b. 0.2 to 1.0 inch and 1.0 to 2.0 inches
c. 2.0 to 4.0 inches and 0.25 to 2.0 inches
d. 1.0 to 2.0 inches and 0.2 to 1.0 inches
2. The discharge of a centrifugal pump _.
a. Decreases with the increase in head
b. Is independent of the head
c. Increases with an increase in head
3. An increasing F/M ratio and decreasing MCRT indicates _.
a. Excessive solids wasting causing a decrease in solids inventory
b. Inadequate solids causing and increase in solids inventory
c. Decreased load increasing the sludge detention time
4. The temperature versus D.O. relationship is _.
a. The higher the temperature the higher the D.O.
b. The lower the temperature the higher the D.O.
c. There is no relationship
d. The lower the temperature the lower the D.O.
5. RCRA was established to _.
a. Prevent wastewater from being discharged into a receiving body of water
b. Encourage recycling
c. Classify hazardous waste
d. Protect federal lands