1. What should be your most important concern after a chemical spill?
a. aquatic life
b. clean-up procedures
c. health-related effects
2. A sewer-use ordinance should specify the personnel performing _.
a. cleaning of the main lines
c. repairing of broken pipes
d. sealing of leaky joints
3. What factor must be considered when obtaining an easement for construction and maintenance of a collection system?
b. deposition of out materials
c. revegetation costs
d. manhole headroom
4. Sewers which are located adjacent to a ground storage reservoir are required at least 10 feet from the structure and be constructed of water main-type materials for a distance of at least 50 feet from the storage reservoir. What is the reason for this requirement?
a. prevent a high ground water table adjacent to the reservoir
b. protect the storage reservoir from contamination
c. reduce infiltration into the sewer
d. vitrified-clay sewer pipe is easily broken
5. Sewer maps should be kept up-to-date for several reasons. Which of the following is the lease appropriate reason?
a. so a TV inspection program can be planned and scheduled effectively
b. so that census canvassers can determine data on standards of living
c. so that new house services can be connected with minimum difficulty
d. to permit development of better plans and specifications for street improvement projects