1. At what degree temperature does the muffle furnace have to remain in the determination of volatile solids?
a. 103 C
b. 500 C
c. 550 C
d. 600 F
2. An NPDES permit is valid for a maximum of _ years.
3. An application for renewal of an NPDES permit must be submitted _ days before the existing permit expires.
4. Which of the following groups of microorganisms are found in a good settling mixed liquor?
a. nematodes, flagellates and stalked ciliates
b. rotifers, stalked ciliates and free swimming ciliates
c. flagellates, free swimming ciliates and stalked ciliates
d. stalked ciliates, rotifers and flagellates
5. When operating a multiple hearth furnace incinerator, the formation of carbon monoxide, soot and odorous hydrocarbons in the stack is _.
a. typical for this type of unit
b. a symptom of inadequate air or oxygen supply
c. a symptom of scrubber malfunction
d. none of the above