1. Results obtained from pipe roughness coefficient tests can indicate whether or not _.
a. contamination is entering the pipe
b. the ability of the pipe to transmit flow is being hindered
c. the quality of the wastewater in the pipe is deteriorating
d. the size and number of leaks are increasing
2. Anaerobic wastewater is frequently corrosive to materials it contracts, especially _.
a. coal tar enamel
3. The electrical disconnect for a pumping station motor can trip out under which one(s) of the following possibilities?
a. clogged pump inlet
b. low temperature
c. strike by lightening
d. worn packing
4. One of the electric motors in the facility has overheated and caught fire. Select the correct steps you would take.
1 extinguish the fire
4 shut off power
5 remove tags and locks
6 ascertain cause
7 tag and lock out power
a. 1, 2, 5, 4, 7, 3, 5
b. 1, 4, 6, 7, 2, 3, 5
c. 4, 1, 7, 6, 3, 5, 2
d. 4, 6, 1, 7, 3, 5, 2
5. How can a closed circuit television unit with video tape help to evaluate the condition of a wastewater collection system?
a. chemicals can be applied for root control
b. effectiveness of cleaning techniques can be studied under various conditions in collection system
c. service lines to homes can be inspected
d. TV camera can remove stoppages