1. Pipe materials that are the least susceptible to corrosion of acids formed from gases generated in sewers are _.
2. A chlorine gas mask should be provided _.
a. just outside the chlorine room door
b. just inside the chlorine room door
c. in the plant superintendent’s office
d. in the loced tamper-proof-container
3. Wastewater flowing at 15 percent of design flow through a 60-inch interceptor may allow _.
a. photosynthesis to take place in the collection system
b. combined sewers to relieve the waste load
c. the waste to scour the collection system
d. the waste to turn septic
4. At a pumping station equipped with centrifugal pumps, what caused the discharge pressure to suddenly increase and the discharge quantity to suddenly decrease?
a. a discharge valve was closed
b. a suction valve was closed
c. the pumps amperage was decreased
d. the voltage was suddenly increased
5. To reduce infiltration into the existing wastewater collection system, you should _.
a. enforce ordinances that require roof drains to be discharged to street gutters or storm drains
b. insert plastic liners into sewer pipes
c. replace multi-holed manhole covers with no-hole covers
d. use higher pressures in force mains