1. Which of the following practices is not a method for controlling filamentous organisms?
a. increase RAS rate
b. add hydrogen peroxide at a concentration upwards to 100 ppm to the RAS
c. add copper sulfate at a concentration up to 7 ppm to the RAS
2. Trickling filters with synthetic media have a minimum depth at which oxidation can occur efficiently. What is it?
a. 3 ft
b. 6 ft
c. 10 ft
d. none of the above
3. Which of the following is a method for treating the flow to the primary settling tank that will increase grease removal efficiency of that unit?
a. lower the pH to less than 7
b. increase the temperature of the wastewater
c. add activated silica
4. Below is a description of an emergency condition of a treatment plant:
An explosion occurred in a lift station and the windows and door are blown out
Fire is coming from windows and doorway
Two laborers and other operators are missing
Red light on main control panel is indicating power interruption to lift station
Which of the following actions would you take first?
a. determine the cause of the explosion
b. initiate action to prevent similar explosions
c. call the Mayor to notify him of events
d. notify fire, rescue squad and police
5. If a manager considers the span of supervision to be too broad, his usual remedy is to _.
a. discharge some employees
b. hire more employees
c. create another level and place someone in charge of each new group
d. do nothing and let the problem work itself out